Master of Business Administration (MBA) Degree
Learn how to harness your individual strengths to maximize your potential as a leader. National Louis University's Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree program uses a unique methodology and process to cultivate students' leadership abilities, combining traditional strategies and techniques related to individual strengths. With a focus on the concept of authentic leadership, students learn all aspects of how today's business professionals achieve results and drive significant, positive organizational impact through leading from a place of passion, integrity and relationship development. Whether you're looking to change careers, advance in your current field or have just graduated with your bachelor's degree, you’ll learn how to lead in the real world.
Choose NLU's online or blended MBA degree if you:
- Want to develop skills relevant to your unique strengths and the knowledge required to be an effective leader and organizational change agent, with a focus on authentic leadership
- Wish to increase your real-world business acumen through solving business problems in class, growing your teamwork skills, and learning to think and manage strategically
- Are looking to network and make connections that will stay with you throughout your career
Students begin with "Leadership and Organizational Behavior," a signature class that sets the stage for the MBA degree program. Over the course of their studies, students gain a heightened understanding of how to enhance their own leadership effectiveness through self-assessment, simulation and reflection, reinforcing skills such as:
- Dynamic environment management
- Problem solving/analysis
- Strategic integration
- Effective communication
- Ethical responsibility
Students also gain a solid foundation of business knowledge, including the ability to analyze organizational issues, evaluate possible alternatives, and determine appropriate actions through the application of finance, economics, strategy, organizational and human resources, and marketing.
The MBA program concludes with the comprehensive Capstone Simulation, where student teams work together to run a company.
NLU offers its MBA degree program in a highly-engaged, fully-online learning environment or a blended program of online and on-campus work.
The blended format enables you to earn your degree with a combination of online activity and occasional classroom workshops. Illinois MBA students will meet face-to-face every other week, and Florida MBA students will meet once per term.
Regardless of the option you choose, you have the power to study when it's most convenient for you — anywhere, anytime.
Today’s companies seek leaders with a broad understanding of the dynamics of the global economy, the management and organizational skills needed to effect change, and the communication skills required to motivate team members and engage diverse constituencies.
The Graduate Management Admission Council's Corporate Recruiters Survey 2015 indicates positive hiring trends for MBA graduates across a wide range of industries. The proportion of employers seeking new business school graduates continued to show a strong upward trend in 2015, as 84 percent of companies planned to add recent MBAs to their workforce. This is up from 74 percent of companies that hired these candidates in 2014 and 62 percent five years ago.
Some of the career options for MBA students include:
- Advertising or marketing manager
- Budget analyst
- Management consultant
- Financial analyst
- Financial manager
- Management analyst
- Personal financial advisor
- Entrepreneurial ventures
- Leadership focused, strong curriculum — Provides students with foundational business knowledge with a unique emphasis and process to develop individualized leadership skills.
- Quality matters — Course templates designed to ensure each online and face-to-face course provides an excellent academic experience.
- Accessible faculty — With extensive professional experience and a track record of successfully training and mentoring adult learners.
- Adult-focused program — Offered in a format designed for the professional development of adult learners.
- Diversity — A supportive student population from a wide range of backgrounds and life and career experiences.
- Flexibility — Classes offered fully on campus, online or a combination of both.
- Good value — High-quality credentials for career success without a hefty price tag.
- IACBE accreditation — Recognized outcome-based curriculum and leadership focus.
On-site, Online and Blended Format Options
Students at our Illinois and Florida locations can take advantage of NLU's MBA offered face-to-face, 100% online, or in our new blended format designed to deliver the ultimate flexibility. The blended format includes the perfect mix of online coursework combined with face-to-face, dynamic interactive learning. Florida residents who choose the online format will join a diverse community of learners from Chicago and across the nation.
All applicants must meet NLU's general admission requirements, as well as additional requirements specific to this program. Refer to the appropriate application checklist available online at nl.edu/applyonline.
Get more information today about enrolling in NLU's Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree program. Connect with an Enrollment Specialist or call 888.NLU.TODAY (888-658-8632).