NLU is not accepting applications for the Leadership Certificate at this time.
In business, leadership is key — now more than ever. National Louis University’s Leadership Certificate offers managers a unique opportunity to more closely examine the significant role they play as change agents, innovators, strategists and team builders. Learn how you can drive change, leverage your knowledge to make key decisions and inspire an organization to greater success.
Choose NLU's business leadership certificate if you:
- Work as a business executive or manager and wish to improve your leadership skills
- Are an NLU MBA candidate and want to augment it with an even deeper focus on leadership
- Hold an MBA and would like to learn the latest organizational best practices
- Want to earn a leadership certificate in the Chicagoland area
The Leadership Certificate program is a five-course post-baccalaureate development sequence that extends the leadership themes introduced in the Master of Business Administration (MBA) program. Students learn about their leadership strengths and leadership potential through hands-on learning. Students perform self-assessments and reflect on personal opportunities in areas such as high-performance team leadership, organizational change and innovation, and transformational leadership. In addition, students will:
- Understand how effective leaders manage and continuously improve organizational behavior to maximize individual, team and organizational performance
- Analyze the impact of leadership style on the organization and its members and develop a personal leadership strategy that reflects an awareness of strengths and areas for development
- Test and evaluate approaches for developing, participating in and leading high-performance teams
- Explore the role of the leader as an agent of change and examine how leaders apply organizational design principles to influence organizational culture, increase innovation and transform companies
- Explore the role of leadership in strategy development and hone the analytical and visioning skills that leaders call upon to guide organizations
Leadership is a huge factor in business. Organizations continue to look for those who will drive change, make key decisions and inspire their team to greater success. At NLU, supporting business students in meeting their professional development and career goals is essentially synonymous with preparing them to lead. Year after year, surveys reveal that top executives seek new hires who demonstrate strong leadership and interpersonal abilities. In one recent survey, CEOs of the Fortune 1000 companies identified leadership (47 percent) and communication (35 percent) as the top two skills needed by managers in their organizations.
NLU’s Leadership Certificate program provides students with a strong sampling of organizational knowledge to help develop their leadership skills. Our accomplished faculty bring extensive professional experience to the classroom, and our student population comes from a wide range of backgrounds and career and life experiences. NLU has a long track record of successfully training adult learners, offering flexible class schedules to those working full time.
All applicants must meet NLU's general admission requirements as well as additional requirements specific to this program. Refer to the appropriate application checklist available online at nl.edu/applyonline.
Get more information today about enrolling in NLU's Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration program. Connect with an Enrollment Specialist or call 888.NLU.TODAY (888-658-8632).