Master of Business Administration (MBA) Degree
ATTEND AN OPEN HOUSE!
May 1, Chicago
May 6, Lisle
Meet NLU faculty and learn more about programs in a wide range of in-demand fields. RSVP today and start on the path to your degree!
Learn how to harness your individual strengths to maximize your potential as a leader. National Louis University’s Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree program uses a unique methodology and process to cultivate students’ leadership abilities combining traditional strategies and techniques related to individual strengths. In addition, the program provides students with the foundational skills and knowledge today’s businesses are looking for. Whether you’re looking to change careers, advance in your current field or have just graduated with your bachelor’s degree, you’ll learn how to lead in the real world. And NLU offers flexible options for study, whether online or at one of our campuses around Chicago, IL, Wisconsin and Florida.
Consider getting your MBA degree at NLU if you:
- Want to develop skills relevant to your unique strengths and the knowledge required to be an effective leader and organizational change agent
- Wish to increase your real-world business acumen through solving business problems in class, growing your teamwork skills, and learning to think and manage strategically
- Are looking to network and make connections that will stay with you throughout your career
The NLU MBA Advantage
- Leadership focused, strong curriculum — Provides students with foundational business knowledge with a unique emphasis and process to develop individualized leadership skills.
- Quality matters — Course templates designed to ensure each online and face-to-face course provides an excellent academic experience.
- Accessible faculty — With extensive professional experience and a track record of successfully training and mentoring adult learners.
- Adult-focused program — Offered in a format designed for the professional development of adult learners.
- Diversity — A supportive student population from a wide range of backgrounds and life and career experiences.
- Flexibility — Classes offered fully on campus, online or a combination of both.
- Good value — High-quality credentials for career success without a hefty price tag.
- IACBE accreditation — Recognized outcome-based curriculum and leadership focus.
What You Will Learn
Students begin with "Leadership and Organizational Behavior," a signature class that sets the stage for the MBA degree program. Over the course of their studies, students gain a heightened understanding of how to enhance their own leadership effectiveness through selfassessment, simulation and reflection, reinforcing skills such as:
- Dynamic environment management
- Problem solving/analysis
- Strategic integration
- Effective communication
- Ethical responsibility
Students also gain a solid foundation of business knowledge, including the ability to analyze organizational issues, evaluate possible alternatives, and determine appropriate actions through the application of finance, economics, strategy, organizational and human resources, and marketing.
The MBA program concludes with the comprehensive Capstone Simulation where student teams work together to run a company.
Earn Your MBA Degree Completely Online
NLU also offers the MBA degree program completely online in a highly engaged online learning environment or a combination of online and on-campus courses. You have the power to study when it’s most convenient for you — anywhere, anytime, anyplace.
The Leadership Certificate is a five-course post-baccalaureate development sequence that extends the leadership themes introduced in the MBA program. It can be taken as a stand-alone program or in conjunction with the MBA program as a way for students to more closely examine the significant role they can play as change agents, innovators, strategists and team builders.
Today’s companies seek leaders with a broad understanding of the dynamics of the global economy, the management and organizational skills needed to effect change, and the communication skills required to motivate team members and engage diverse constituencies.
The Graduate Management Admission Council’s Corporate Recruiters Survey 2012 indicates positive hiring trends for MBA graduates across a wide range of industries. Four in five companies surveyed said they had planned to hire at least one MBA candidate.
Some of the career options for MBA students include:
- Advertising or marketing manager
- Budget analyst
- Management consultant
- Financial analyst
- Financial manager
- Management analyst
- Personal financial advisor
- Entrepreneurial ventures
Program Entrance Requirements
The MBA degree program typically requires 39 semester hours of coursework and can be completed in less than two years. The Graduate Admission Committee may waive the MBA501 requirement for applicants who have received their undergraduate degree in business from a professionally accredited program or school within the past seven years and who meet the GPA and Criterion standards. If MBA501 is waived, it will be replaced with MBA500 (1 semester hour of credit). Ask your Enrollment Advisor for details.
All applicants must meet NLU’s general admission requirements as well as additional requirements specific to the MBA program. Refer to the appropriate application checklist available online at www.nl.edu/applyonline.
Get more information today about enrolling in NLU’s Master of Business Administration program. Talk to your Enrollment Advisor or call 888.NLU.TODAY (888.658.8632).