B.S. in Management Information Systems (MIS)
National Louis University's Bachelor of Science in Management Information Systems (MIS) degree is designed for practitioners in information technology who are seeking the skills and perspectives needed to move into supervisory and management positions. Students gain the experience necessary to develop and manage information technology solutions and systems that meet the evolving demands of contemporary organizations. In addition, NLU offers the MIS degree completely online.
Choose NLU's management information systems bachelor's degree if you:
- Have experience in programming and other IT skills and are ready to move to a management level position developing technology-based solutions and systems
- Want to understand common cross-functional structures and scenarios in which technology solutions are implemented
- Seek the planning, project management, and communication skill sets necessary to develop technology systems and solutions
- Aim to demonstrate strategic expertise in how to use the full toolkit of information technology solutions
- Want the flexibility and convenience of a degree program that is completely online.
- Trends in IT development and its roles in modern organizations and markets
- How businesses and other organizations typically use and access information, and the management of IT strategy, processes, and infrastructure
- Best practices in hiring, managing and leading IT personnel
- Practical applications of industry-standard software tools and techniques related to database management, communication and websites, data mining and warehousing, and data security.
- IT project management skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Oral and written presentation skills
The government's Bureau of Labor Statistics projects robust growth of occupational fields involving the management of information technology and identifies these as among the "fastest growing occupations" of the next decade and beyond.
Graduates with management information systems degrees are prepared for well-paying jobs in the following growth fields:
- Information systems manager
- Network manager
- Website manager
- Database administrator
NLU's online Management Information Systems (MIS) degree program offers a practical, applications-oriented curriculum that builds leadership skills and knowledge that IT managers can implement in real time in their working environments. NLU faculty members typically have professional backgrounds in IT management, and many are currently working in their fields of expertise.
This accelerated online MIS degree program is designed for experienced IT practitioners who can receive credit for past college study, and who often qualify for additional credit for professional experience. Students' individual work environments and challenges provide case study contexts for class learning in addition to course materials that expose students to developing IT trends and forces operating in organizations today.
NLU's online Management Information Systems degree is professionally accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).
The B.S. in Management Information Systems degree program is a solid 180 quarter hours in length and, depending upon your prior college work and experience, may include general education coursework, courses in business support areas, elective coursework and coursework in the major. The curriculum is designed to meet you where you are in your college journey. Working with an academic advisor, students engage the curriculum at a point that reflects their preparation and readiness.
All applicants must meet NLU's general admission requirements as well as additional requirements specific to this program. Refer to the appropriate application checklist available online at nl.edu/applyonline.
Get more information today about enrolling in NLU's Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration program. Connect with an Enrollment Specialist or call 888.NLU.TODAY (888-658-8632).