B.S. in Health Care Leadership
ATTEND AN OPEN HOUSE!
May 1, Chicago
May 6, Lisle
Meet NLU faculty and learn more about programs in a wide range of in-demand fields. RSVP today and start on the path to your degree!
National Louis University’s Bachelor of Science in Health Care Leadership degree program is geared toward students passionate about helping others through work in the health care field. Whether you’re currently working in health care and want to advance your career or looking to enter the industry for the first time, NLU’s B.S. in Health Care Leadership can help you find your career path and make a difference in the lives of others. We offer this degree at our Chicago, Florida, and Wisconsin campuses, as well as through an online Health Care Leadership degree option.
Consider getting your Health Care Leadership Degree at NLU if you:
- Want to pursue a career in the health care industry
- Want to work in a hospital, clinic, diagnostic or private practice setting and would like to move into a leadership role
- Prepare for a promotion in the health care industry
- Are considering getting your graduate degree, particularly in Master’s in Health Administration (MHA) or Business Administration (MBA)
Why NLU for a Health Care Leadership Degree
Health care professionals work in a complex and demanding regulatory environment that is subject to shifting economic pressures. The B.S. in Health Care Leadership degree program provides an in-depth understanding of this environment and offers a mix of classwork and hands-on learning that equips graduates with the management skills and perspectives needed to succeed. Features include:
- A comprehensive overview of health care occupations and delivery settings to help you pinpoint a career path
- Guest lectures, field trips and real-world case studies
- Mentoring from MHA students who are currently employed in the health care industry
- Opportunities to earn credit for life and work experience
- Quick “time-to-degree” scheduling and the option of online or on-campus classes
What You Will Learn
Both experienced students and those with a first-time interest in health care will gain the skills and knowledge needed to work and advance in a helping profession, including:
- Policies and regulations associated with health care delivery
- Understanding of occupation and advancement opportunities
- Teamwork and critical thinking skills
- Methods of communication and training used in health care
- Principles of health care supervision and human resource management
- Financial and physical resource administration
- Legal and ethical considerations
- Use of marketing, information technology, and strategic analysis and planning in health care
Students will complete a business plan for a health care delivery service or facility as the capstone project for the program. Students will also complete a vocational portfolio as part of the capstone course to be used for promoting their employment and/ or advancement in the health care industry.
As the large baby-boom population ages and people remain active later in life, the health care industry as a whole will see an increase in demand for medical services. NLU’s B.S. in Health Care Leadership degree helps prepare future executives for leadership roles in a wide range of health care settings: general medical and surgical hospitals, outpatient clinics, assisted living facilities, rehabilitation centers and physicians’ offices, as well as health care education, risk management, medical supply and device marketing, and much more.
All applicants must meet NLU’s general admission requirements. Refer to the appropriate application checklist available online at www.nl.edu/applyonline.
Get more information today about enrolling in NLU’s Bachelor of Science in Health Care Leadership program. Talk to your Enrollment Advisor or call 888.NLU.TODAY (888.658.8632).