M.A. in Public Policy
National Louis University's Master's in Public Policy will provide you with a solid foundation in both academic theory and practical methodology. You'll learn how to review, analyze and shape programs and policies in governments, non-profit organizations and private sectors.
Consider getting your Master of Arts in Public Policy at NLU if you:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in any field
- Want to participate effectively in efforts to enhance the capacity of communities to deal with change
- Want to pursue a career in federal, local, regional or international government organizations or health enterprises
- Want to become a policymaker or community advocate
- Want to attend a program with small class sizes that ensure collaboration with classmates and individual interaction with professors
- Are interested in getting your M.A. in Public Policy degree in the Chicago-land area
Why Earn a Master's in Public Policy Degree at NLU?
Students interested in social and human services typically have a strong desire to help improve lives—by working directly with people or by implementing community or government policies. At National Louis University (NLU), we embrace your desire to make your dreams a reality and make a difference in the world. A convenient, supportive environment, NLU's College of Arts and Sciences recognizes that many students are balancing work and family while in school. Courses are scheduled to accommodate those important commitments. Plus, NLU students begin the program with a group of colleagues that remain together throughout the course of study. This group offers a network of support and camaraderie from day one until graduation and beyond.
What You Will Learn
- How to engage in and shape public policy
- How to understand the impact of urban, social and public policies
- How to use analytical and problem-solving skills
- How to analyze policy data
- How to apply research design and methodology to public policy issues
There is increasing demand within the public sector for professionals who understand the public policy process and can analyze and evaluate policy proposals. An understanding of the role of government and the interface between the private and public sectors is also essential for those who see their future employment in the private sector.
Professionals in these fields lead efforts to plan for change. They are involved in analysis, preparation of recommendations, and implementation of policies and programs that affect public services and the quality of community life. These professionals also assume responsibility for planning, policy, and management in community and regional development, natural resources, economic development, land use, transportation, and law enforcement. Master of Arts in Public Policy graduates can pursue a career in areas such as:
- Community and regional development
- Economic development
- Land use
- Law enforcement
- Natural resources
Public Policy Master's Program Admission Requirements
All applicants must meet NLU’s general admission requirements as well as the requirements specific to the M.A. in Public Policy degree program. Refer to the appropriate application checklist available online at www.nl.edu/applyonline.
Get more information today about enrolling in NLU’s Master of Arts in Public Policy program. Talk to your Enrollment Advisor or call 888.NLU.TODAY (888.658.8632).