M.A. in Public Policy and Administration
Consider getting your M.A. in Public Policy and Administration degree at NLU if you:
- Have a bachelor's degree
- Desire to enhance the capacity of communities and advocate for change
- Want to pursue a career in governmental or nongovernmental organizations
- Aspire to become a policymaker, public administrator or community advocate
- Aim to specialize in Health Service Administration, Global Social Policy or Public Service Administration
- Seek small class sizes that ensure collaboration with classmates and individual interaction with professors
Why NLU For Public Policy and Administration
Students interested in social and human services typically have a strong desire to help improve lives -- by working directly with communities or by implementing policies. At National Louis University, we embrace your desire to make your dreams a reality and make a difference in the world.
A Convenient, Supportive Environment
NLU recognizes many students are balancing work and family while in school, so courses are scheduled to accommodate those important commitments. Plus, NLU students begin the program with a group of colleagues who remain together throughout the course of study. This group offers a network of support and camaraderie from day one until graduation and beyond.
What You Will Learn
- How to engage in, shape and administer public policy
- How to understand the impact of urban, social and public policies
- How to use analytical and problem-solving skills
- How to analyze policy data
- How to apply research design and methodology to public policy issues
There is increasing demand within the public sector for professionals who understand the public policy process and can analyze and evaluate policy proposals. An understanding of the role of government and the interface between the private and public sectors is also essential for those who see their future employment in the private sector.
Professionals in these fields lead efforts to plan for change. They are involved in analysis, preparation of recommendations, and implementation of policies and programs that affect public services and the quality of community life. These professionals also assume responsibility for planning, policy, and management in community and regional development, natural resources, economic development, land use, transportation, and law enforcement. Master of Arts in Public Policy graduates can pursue a career in areas such as:
- Community and regional development
- Economic development
- Land use
- Law enforcement
- Natural resources
Public Policy Master's Program Admission Requirements
All applicants must meet NLU's general admission requirements as well as additional requirements specific to this program. Refer to the appropriate application checklist available online at nl.edu/applyonline.
Get more information today about enrolling at NLU. Connect with an Enrollment Specialist or call 888.NLU.TODAY (888.658.8632).