For more than 125 years, National Louis University has offered a progressive and professional education that builds careers and strengthens communities. Our mission is to provide a superior and supportive educational experience for students of all ages and backgrounds. Learn more about who we are and what NLU can do for you.
- Founded: 1886
- Private, non-denominational
- 2 Colleges:
- 6 Campus locations: Illinois: Downtown Chicago, Elgin, Lisle, North Shore, Wheeling; Florida: Tampa
- Total enrollment (2014): 7,587
- Graduate: 5,545 (73%)
- Undergraduate: 2,042 (27%)
- Female: 80%
- Part-time: 91%
- African-American/Hispanic/Asian-Pacific Islander/Native American: 44%
- Pell Recipients: 58.5%
- Average age: 34 (undergraduate), 36 (graduate)
- 65,000 living alumni
- 15 undergraduate/bachelor’s programs
- 29 master’s programs
- 4 postgraduate Education Specialist (Ed.S.)
- 6 doctoral programs
- 7 online degree programs
- 91 percent of classes have fewer than 20 students
Points of Pride
- Alumni of NLU’s National College of Education have earned 70 Golden Apple Awards – one of the most prestigious education honors in the state of Illinois and more than any other school of education in the state.
- NLU is among the top 25 most diverse national universities according to the 2013 U.S. News & World Report rankings.
- Our students enter the work force earning an estimated $43,000 per year after graduation, ranking NLU among the top five of all Illinois post-secondary schools, as cited by the College Database.
- Our M.A. in Psychology is the second largest non-clinical master’s program in psychology in Illinois.
- NLU has received more than $65 million in funding for applied research projects in urban development, childhood development, school improvement and teacher preparation