We are pleased to announce the Just-In-Time (JIT) adjunct orientation is ready for you to access! All adjunct faculty who have not yet completed an orientation program are required to complete all 3 stages of the online orientation at some point for continued consideration of NLU teaching assignments. As a reminder, the orientation is delivered in an asynchronous format accessible from any digital device 24/7.
Please refer to the guidelines below as to anticipated completion dates:
- If you have a reasonable assurance of teaching this fall, i.e. you have already been issued a fall contract or have been contacted about a fall teaching assignment, you will need to complete stages 1 and 2 no later than July 15, 2015 for continued teaching assignment consideration.
- If you have a reasonable assurance of teaching this summer, i.e. you have already been issued a summer contract or have been contacted about a summer teaching assignment, you will need to complete stages 1 and 2 prior to the start of the fall term (Monday, September 14, 2015) for continued teaching assignment consideration.
- If you have not yet completed an orientation program and have not yet taught, nor received a summer or fall contract, you will need to complete stages 1 and 2 prior to the start of the fall term (Monday, September 14, 2015) for teaching assignment consideration.
- If you have previously completed an adjunct faculty orientation program, you are required to only complete stage 3 (no later than December 31, 2015). Note: This is a change in what may have been previously communicated. However, additional orientation components have been added designed to enhance teaching and learning which were not included in the previous orientation program. Please contact email@example.com or (847) 947-5275 if assistance is required to log in and bypass stages 1 & 2.
- All adjunct faculty will be required to complete stage 3 no later than December 31, 2015 for continued teaching assignment consideration.
As previously shared, stages 1 & 2 were developed to provide information that would further support your success in the classroom and enhance your university knowledge as a valued member of the NLU community. Stage 3 utilizes a greater amount of D2L knowledge, and leads adjuncts through advanced teaching and learning concepts that include the implementation of best practices in higher education and dealing with more complex classroom issues. Appreciating that you have other commitments and respecting your time, stages 1 and 2 were created to take a relatively minimum amount of time to complete. Stages 1 and 2 can typically be completed in an hour.
- Go to - http://ondemand.mopi16.com/NLU
- Enter your name, NLU email address (if you have one) and your NLU ID
- Set up a password
- Get started!
Please contact the Office of Human Resources at (847) 947-5275 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. If you have any questions regarding the status of a contract, please direct those to your college.
We look forward to your continued success at NLU and truly appreciate your time, commitment and feedback.
The Provost Office
The Office of Human Resources