The NLU Grants Office is the one-stop, on-line site for NLU full-and part-time faculty and staff who want to apply for external funding—and NLU colleagues who are already managing sponsored programs. Projects we support are those aligned with the institution's strategic plan and priorities.
Our office is your one-stop, online site for:
- Information and deadlines for grant opportunities
- Assistance with proposal preparation and submission
- Grant approval/process management
- Proposal sign-offs by authorized institutional representatives
- A general overview of grant application requirements
- Essential grant information—what you need to include on most grant applications
- Links to federal agencies and compliance documents
- Grants management assistance
- A list of Illinois state agencies, federal agencies and major private foundations—and their current grant funding guidelines
- Links to "how-to" sites such as grant writing
- Forms and more forms
- A list of current NLU grant-funded projects
- Post-grant management for current grant recipients, including monitoring and managing grant spending; approvals involving compliance issues; and guidance on reporting and closeout activities
- Profiles of NLU faculty and their research projects
- Ask Your Colleagues: Chat with your faculty colleagues about their projects—and get tips about the "grant-getting" process.
We also work with university officials to formulate policies and procedures promoting compliance with the laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to the management of government funds.
Where You Can Get Funding
- Government agencies at all levels (federal, state, and municipal/local)
- Other organizations
What Gets Funded
External partnership programs, strategic initiatives, research initiatives, faculty development and fellowships that meet the criteria established by the funding entities.
- Cooperative agreements