Authoring (developing tutorials and interactive websites)
Authoring refers to the creation of interactive materials that help people learn. With the explosive use of the WWW, authoring has expanded from the creation of computer-based training (CBT) to use of web authoring tools to create a wide range of learning environements.
- Authoring Resources for web authors creating accessible webpages: brought to you by the HTML Writer’s Guild.
- WebMaster Resources: tutorials, tips, and tools brought together by MidLink Magazine, a project sponsored by NC State University and the University of Central Florida.
- DevX: Project Cool- Web Development Basics: With dozens of demos and hands-on tutorials, Project Cool is a great resource for beginning Web developers and designers.
- Using MultiMedia to Create Student Tutorials and Presentations: This site contains instructions for using PowerPoint, HyperStudio, HyperCard, Kid Pix, and Coral to create tutorials and presentations for your classroom.
- Easiest Web Page Authoring Resources: This site is a web-authoring encyclopedia containing links to sites covering everything from design principles to designing with and without web authoring tools as well as specific information on the design of Webquests, quizzes, courses, virtual classrooms, and collaborative environments.